Spasciani MK2 BVF-A
Model No. :
TECHNICAL DATA SHEET
MK2 BVF-A 1302 SELF CONTAINED B.A.
The mask is the TR82 panoramic full facepiece, fitted with pre-loaded exhale valves, in order to maintain
a positive pressure within the mask cavity. The offered model is the TR82/A mask that is connected to
the demand valve by means of a standard M45x3 connector (EN 148-3).
The mask is made of:
· One size only faceblank moulded in EPDM;
· Wide visibility visor made of hard coat polycarbonate;
· A connector group that holds two exhalation valves, the inhalation valve and the speech device
· A nose cup to reduce dead space;
· Two check valves for air circulation prevent the visor from steaming up;
· A rubber head harness with five harms and self adjusting buckles;
· A carrying strap to hang the mask around the neck during rest.
2. Demand Valve
The RNMK2 B.A. are equipped with a demand valve that automatically turns the positive pressure on at
the first breathing in. A rubber button in front of the demand valve allows, if necessary, to manually
activate positive pressure or to inject extra air into the mask.
A positive pressure of some 3 mbar is kept within the mask cavity in any moment of the breathing cycle.
This avoids the inward leakage of polluted air and isolates the user from the surrounding atmosphere.
3. Unique patented warning device at the mask
When the remaining pressure in the cylinder drops below 60 bar, a special device inside the demand
valve actuates the acoustic warning. A loud vibration is made with every inhalation and terminates only
when the air reserve is completely used up. The advantages of such a system are:
l No reduction in duration due to the warning whistle
l Closeness to the ear and repeated warning: better audibility
l Warning device protected from frost
l Warning working even at a distance, with extension hose
· The harness, made of strong fabric, consists of a shoulder strap and waist belt that hold the cylinder
adherent to the body.
5. Compensated pressure reducer
The BVF reducer is a piston device with automatic compensator. This means that the outlet pressure is
steady throughout the duration, no matter what the cylinder pressure. The reducer is designed for use
with up to 300 bar cylinders.
The reducer assembly is made of a High Resistance Brass body, electrochemically galvanised, in which
there are the devices that actually deliver a constant pressure of 5.5 bar irrespective of cylinder
As the pressure drops to 60 bar, a unique device increases the outlet pressure to 8.0 bar and so
actuates the audible warning in the demand valve.
The pressure reducer is fitted with:
· High (300 Bar) pressure connector EN144
· Medium pressure hose leading to the demand valve
· Auxiliary outlet
6. Phosphorescent gauge
The pressure in the cylinder can be checked at any time by means of a special gauge scaled up to 450
bar and with contrasted warning zone from 60 to 0 bar.
The cylinder is made of a light steel alloy and is fitted with a special hand wheel valve to EN144. It has a
capacity of 3 litres and a pressure of 200 bar, i.e. a reserve of 600 Nlitres. The weight for a cylinder with
valve when empty is Kg. 4.5 Kg approximately.
If duration is considered at 30 l/min (EN 137) approx. 20 minutes.
Calculation is by definition approximate
The complete set with charged cylinder weights less than 8 KG.
The set is CE certified according to EN 137.